- Basics of computing and logics behind computing.
- Career path in science, engineering and computing.
- Alice movie and game programming.
- Construction of a LEGO Mindstorm NXT robot.
- Robotics programming in NXT Graphical programming language (7UP).
- First Lego League (FLL) competition preparation (7UP)
- Robotics Studio and Visual Programming Lnaguage (9UP)
- Creating your robotics program in 3-D animation (9UP).
- Program the NXT robot with Bluetooth-remote control.
- Program the NXT robot to find its way out a maze with artificial intelligence.
- Participate in the Robotics Competition at the end of the program.
- Web programming and Smartphone Apps development (9up).
- Sample Lecture: What is a Robot?
- Sample Lecture: Service-Oriented Computing?
- Sample Hands-on Lab: Building a robotics program
Skills Exercised and Technologies Learned
- Problem solving and hands-on skill
- Engineering design process.
- System development process.
- Logic thinking and reasoning.
- Team working spirit and individual creativity.
- Hand-on experiences.
- Alice game programming engine
- NXT-G programming language (7UP)
- Microsoft Robotics Studio and VPL (9UP)
- Microsoft Visual Studio .Net and C# (9UP).
- Service-oriented architecture and Web services (9UP).
Daily Schedule (7UP and 9UP)
- 8:15 a.m. - 8:45 a.m. Check in
- 8:45 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Instructions and hands-on laboratories
- 10:00 a.m. - 10:15 a.m. Break, play and snack time (Bring your own snack)
- 10:15 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Instructions and hands-on laboratories
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Lunch break and play time (Bring your own lunch or buy on Mill Ave)
- 1:00 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. Instructions and hands-on laboratories
- 2:15 p.m. - 2:30 a.m. Break, play and snack time (Bring your own snack)
- 2:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Instructions and hands-on laboratories
- 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Play time and pick up / departure
Accomodations: Special Needs
If your child has a disability and has a need for an accommodation in order to participate in this program, please notify Kimberly Colburn at The School of Computing, Informatics and Decision Systems Engineering at Kimberly.firstname.lastname@example.org or (480) 965-3199 to discuss your child’s needs. Receiving requests for accommodation at least 4 weeks prior to the start date of the program provides a reasonable amount of time to review, consider and meet the request if possible. ASU complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and other applicable Federal, State, and local laws.